10 Unsolved Problems in Computer Graphics
Back to my research page.
Back to my debates page.
A collection of "unsolved problems" lists made by
famous CG people.
These generally come by sets of 10 :^).
1966: Ivan Sutherland:
here (at begining) and
here (2005' answers).
Martin Newell and Jim Blinn
ultrashort summary here (middle)
Al Barr, F.P. Brooks, S. Card, J. Clark, S. Feiner, A.R. Forrest,
Pat Hanrahan, A. van Dam
1998: Levoy's favorite:
Open problems in computer graphics (end).
1998: Jim Blinn, return: in Siggraph98 keynote (jump to 66%),
CGnA article (also here).
2000: Jim Foley
- I.E. Sutherland, "Ten Unsolved Problems in Computer Graphics,") Datamation, Vol. 12, No. 5, May 1966, pp. 22-27.
- M. Newell and J. Blinn, "The Progression of Realism in
Computer Generated Images," ACM 77 Proc., Oct. 1977, pp. 444-448
- P. Heckbert, "Ten Unsolved Problems in Rendering," Workshop on
Rendering Algorithms and Systems, Graphics Interface 87, April
- "Computer Graphics: More Unsolved Problems" F. Crow and
S. Feiner, panel co-chairs, with A. Barr, F.P. Brooks, Jr., S. Card,
J. Clark, A.R. Forrest, P. Hanrahan, A. van Dam, Computer Graphics
(Proc. Siggraph 91), Vol. 25, No. 4, 1991, p. 363.
- James F. Blinn, "Ten More Unsolved Problems in Computer
Graphics," IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, vol. 18, no. 5,
pp. 86-89, 1998.
- "Getting There: The Ten Top Problems Left", IEEE Computer
Graphics and Applications, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 66-68, Jan/Feb,